The game has action RPG mechanics (with quests, dungeons, loot and weapons) that are based on drawing gameplay: your own artistic creations drive the world, which provides freedom of choice and stimulates creativity. With drawing you can create ingame items, weapons, spells, construction parts, living beings and much more. For instance, you could draw a monster within mere seconds and get him instantly live in the game.
In Early Access now:
- Drawing magic: create anything and change the game world with doodling;
- No sweat fun: zero artistic skills required to get instant fun;
- Freedom of choice: create a fully unique character and chose any path for him;
- Show your true colors: fight enemies, avoid deadly traps and magic anomalies.
- Will be added with upcoming updates:
- Paint the town red: invite your friends into the world you created, explore together or fight each other, exchange your creations with other players.
- Living universe: huge open world with deep atmosphere and random events. AI life simulation system gives each NPC unpredictable behavior patterns, desires, needs and emotional connections.
- Law & disorder: Abide by the laws of physics or break them - destructible objects, forces of nature and degradable materials are affected by you and affect the world around you.
- Cross-platforming: Join a game session with your friends while using different platforms.
- Languages: Sketch Tales will speak to you in your mother tongue.
Sketch Tales is an immersive action-RPG sandbox where what you draw becomes what you play. You appear in a hand-drawn world, wherefrom all the colors had been stolen by a supervillain warlock. Get revenge on him, join him or ignore him – you have all the options for both gameplay and story are non-linear.
We're really counting on the community's feedback to move the game forward. We plan multiple contests and activities to inspire the players' creativity.
The full release version will be priced higher than the Early Access one.
The story brings you to an island, inhabited by 3 types of living beings: monsters, sketchmen and animals. They live their own life, look for food, goodies & shelter, hunt & fight, and even build relationships with you. It’s basic AI Simulation which we plan to expand drastically in future updates. On the gameplay side, Sketch Tales in Early Access offers all necessary basics for both adventurers and creative minds:
Draw your character, objects, weapons, spells, items, construction parts and creatures (to enable this, the game features built-in doodling editor and guides)
- Build structures and fortifications
- Fight enemies, survive deadly traps and anomalies
- Explore the world and get quests
First, it's going to be a better quality and polished product. Secondly, we will add Multiplayer, possibility to modify landscape, work out the Sketch Tales story and... yet undisclosed features. Last but not least, a Cloud server to host all players' creations that can be integrated into the game.
We expect 9-12 months of further development and polishing of the game before it's ready for the release. There is still a ton of features to add, polish and tweak before the game meets our vision and your expectations.
Sketch Tales is developed by an experienced, yet very small team. Launching on Steam is a possibility to receive the players’ support, owing to which we’ll be able to expand the team and do what has been planned. Support us and we’ll make a game like you have never seen before.A new important stage of coming out to public access begins for Sketch Tales. We do it only for you and your feedback is very important to us.”